Where desert meets the ocean


Long before Cadbury changed the Whole Nut chocolate recipe, I used to describe that orgasm in my mouth as “Where heaven meets the earth” Then our Government introduced some silly rule on the amount of sugar in sweets/chocolates and drinks. My life has not been the same eversince, I do not even bother eating that chocolate anymore. I’m hurt, allow me to vent. My soul is fcked up LOL! 



Anyway I moved on to describe oral orgasms now induced  by dark chocolate as “where desert meets the ocean.” I thought that’s where I’d find healing and move on from Government ruining my life. Did such a place even exist?

Skeleton Coast Namibia people said, then I saw on National Geographic that a mere 50km from Walvis Bay is where I would have the privilege to observe this phenomenon. I got on the internet and made bookings. There’s no time like the present. I combined the trip with spending time with different nations in the region. Herero; Nama; Himba. I would have liked to visit Amadamara as well. If you grew up in the 1980s you’ll remember the song made famous by Freddie Gwala.

I spent two days in Mondesa, Swakopmund with a lady of the Herero tribe. I’ll let you listen to this video. She breaks down the story behind the hat.. Yeah that's my voice in the background




 Whatever country I visit, I prefer spending most of my time in townships to interact with locals and learn the culture and local food of course. Amagwinya and Kapana (braai). I swear if they sold amagwinga within my neighbourhood Khulubuse would have nothing on me. 



Himba people on the other hand, I was rather disappointed. I know the handful I met do not represent the entire nation but they would not even open their mouth without payment. I would have loved to spend time with them and let more but I was put off by the attitude.





Let’s move on to the desert meeting the ocean. What an experience. Ever raced on sand? Do not try this if you fear death. I’m serious. Check this out.



Anyway while that was going on our 4x4 hit a rock and got stuck in the ocean LOL! Trust me to get stuck in some bullsht. It was a bit after 3pm and the tide was getting high. I thought oh snap, I’m about to drown in the cold Atlantic. I got my bag; ran up the dune and opened a local beer while the driver tried to get us out of this crisis. How beautiful is my view LOL!!! I was not gonna involve myself in this. I saw people drinking champagne and snacks on the other side of the dune and asked for a lift back to Walvis Bay while sipping on their champagne. I never sell myself short. 






I got up and climbed Dune 45 with some girls the following day. We climbed the face of the dune instead of approaching it from the side. What a bad idea SMH. The sand was so hot it was like walking on coal. 

I enjoyed Namibia, though it felt like I was in some small town in the Western Cape. Blacks playing a subservient role to Afrikaans speaking people. I should have known better. Namibia IS the tenth province of South Africa after all

To the people of Namibia, Okuhepa and thank YOU for reading 











Comments

  1. good to see you writing ... sorry for your sweet bitter loss

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#LessonsFromMyDad

Khumbulekhaya: A Quantum Leap

The Power of three: Mount Kilimanjaro